Friday, September 11, 2015

14 Years Ago.....

14 years ago today.. I was a resident of Keene Hall on EKU's campus... I had woken up that day and heard of a plane crash in NYC... It was just a normal day for me...Grudgingly getting up...Getting a shower and then going to my first class..But clearly by the time I got there... Chaos had broken out on Manhattan Island..  Still not knowing quite what happened, I seen students acting hysterically crying....talking really fast....Just visibly disturbed over something...My first class was in a computer lab and no one was actually doing classwork but everyone was on different websites looking at what was going on...Not even the instructor was interested in teaching... Finally an announcement was made that all students would be excused from attending anymore classes for the rest of the day.  After learning about what had actually happened with the Twin Towers with the Pentagon and in that Pennsylvania Field... I felt just numb I guess...I really didn't feel scared per say...But I felt just empty because whether it was because I was an Army brat growing up or because of some instinct....I knew that things were going to change and it wasn't going to be for the better.  I WAS RIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment