Thursday, November 26, 2015

#BestBuy #BlackFriday Shenanigans

If I were to tell you that Best Buy only let 25 customers inside their huge store at a time and made everyone else wait outside in a line, would you believe me?  Well please read the letter I wrote to Best Buy's rep for my region Ryan Stanzel.

Hello Mr. Stanzel,

On the evening of November 26th 2015, Thanksgiving Day, The Best Buy located in the Hamburg Mall area of Lexington Kentucky opened its doors for the annual Black Friday Sale.  I drove 45 miles one way to this location and arrived at 7pm on purpose so that I would not have to stand outside in a long line.  It was quite surprising to see a line formed at the door AND seeing customers inside shopping.  So I approached two employees guarding the front entrance and asked them if the line was for a specific item that may have been part of the Black Friday door buster sale.  The answer I got was that they were only allowing 25 customers in the store at a time.  I found this extremely disappointing and completely against everything that has become the Black Friday shopping spirit...I mean why would a business CHOOSE to keep paying customers outside?  On a normal busy day in that Best Buy, there could be easily 50 customers roaming the establishment.  So then I snapped a couple of photos of the scene and proceeded to take to social media on Twitter and Facebook about what I had just witnessed.  It only took a few minutes for someone named "Alex" from Best Buy Support on Twitter to reply that they had no idea what was going on and asked if I talked to a manager.  I told them I spoke to two front door employees and then indicated to that support person that I had sent WKYT, the CBS affiliate in Lexington, KY, a tweet about this situation since I wasnt the only one there that was upset.  Later I found out that the Best Buy store in Lexington located off of Nicholasville Road did not use a similar policy with their customers.  So I guess my inquiry to you is, What is Best Buy prepared to do with the Manager that obviously went rogue and instituted a store capacity limit leaving many to wait needlessly outside, AND What is Best Buy prepared to do to make things right for the Customers?

Attached is the photos I took along with the corresponding tweets I had with Best Buy Support.




UPDATE:
Best Buy contacted me on Facebook and sent me this...Basically they think I should handle this myself with the Store...





No comments:

Post a Comment